Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Introducing....


Tree Hugs


Well as I said the other day who doesn't love hugging a tree lol! Inspired by cartoons and billowing leaves I had this in my imagination for some time... I am so happy to have it as a stamp set.

The Details:
  • Tree Hugs will be available for purchase on July 5th.
  • It will retail for £14.
  • Tree Hugs contains a total of 41 images, there are 4 different tree tops and 3 tree trunks to mix and match and create various fun trees. The set also includes a couple of birds and hands to hug a tree. The sentiments can be paired up and inked in different colours.
Thought I would share a few tips...
I found that stamping the trunk first makes lining up the top easier, aligning the base of the trunk at the bottom...
and as you can see through the stamp positioning the tree top should work out pretty well.
I then coloured this one with my copics, masked it and added a little airbrushed sky. I added the grasses with stamping and copic colouring.

Next,
Stamp the trunk first as in the first example...
Stamp one of the tree top tops
I try and aim the curve aligning with the third branch,
Now, for that funny shape in the set, this is the shadow or underside of the tree top
I've stamped it in a darker ink to give a contrast,
Ok, so I didn't line it up exactly, but I can live with that LOL!!!
So, here's the rest of my cartoon forest, I masked the centre tree and simply stamped the other two side by side in the most fun colours, although the tree on the left isn't as red in real life.
I fussy cut around the design and adhered to a cloud card front with dimensional adhesive!

Would you like to see more...? well of course you would

I will also be offering svg files to co-ordinate with the Tree Hugs Stamp set,
As you can see, apart from me having a love for pink trees lol... it includes the trunk, tree tops, the birds, the hugging hands and a couple of the sentiments, although a few of the cuts are tiny and fiddly, seeing through the stamp really helps.

Now that you've seen a few of my creations, there is more, yes... the wonderful lovely talented crafty friend Chris is showcasing her wonderful card on her blog so please head over there...
Thank you so much for stopping by I hope you enjoyed all the samples with my new stamp set, Hopefully we've left you itching to get crafty and any comments would be lovely.

Have a wonderfully creative Day
BiG Tree HuGs
Kim x

1 comment:

  1. I'm playing catch up and wow I love this set. I can see the trunks coming out from side like overhanging branches, also under the sea corals etc and the tops would make great hair for some funny faces and ice creams too yummy those little birds are so cute would like to see some bigger ones of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim