Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Introducing.....


Ribbed Background

The Details:
  • Ribbed Background will be available for purchase on July 5th.
  • It will retail for £9.
  • I designed this background stamp with a pattern repeat... all four edges meet to form continuous stamping possibilities, now you should be able to stamp a whole sheet of paper or simply stamp a die cut shape, so many possibilities with a ribbed knit.

Also introducing....
DesignA Knit

The Details:
  • DesignA Knit will be available for purchase on July 5th.
  • It will retail for £14.
  • DesignA Knit contains a total of 35 images, there are 3 different types of knitted stitches, each with outline and fill areas to mix and match and create various knitables. The set also includes a couple of pompoms large and small with a small yarn to thread them onto. The sentiments can be paired up and inked in different colours.
Thought I would share a few tips...
 The stamps are easy to curve slightly for a dimensional kitted look
I also curved the 'fill' stitch stamp, laying my acrylic block on top to match with the outline
Stamp the first line a third way up an oval
I aim the the next line to keep with the central stitch there's a slight gap at the edges but you won't notice when you're finished
So when you're finished with stamping the outline, simply stamp the 'fill' stitch, I used a paler colour to give a better contrast.
Next, trim along the bottom edge, notice my happy accident? a darker strip amongst the pale pink(but I can live with that LOL)
I use my fiskars stamp press for this large background stamp, it's easier to line up and hold a decent size stamp
I stamped half of my card front, the edge is pretty enough to leave alone,
I stamped the background again, it nearly met, but a bit more practice should help, the yellow is quite a pale colour to match up

I've added some stamped pompoms to my hat and one of the sentiments.
I haven't fussy cut those pompoms, I have created a knitables svg for all those knitting needs.

Next,
I just wanted to show you some knitted creations from some time ago....
I love stamping knitted strips, I used a darker colour for the outline and the 'fill' a lighter colour of the same tone
To get the seem in the socks I simply placed a post it note to stamp one side and then repeat for the top half.
This effect on this card is very simple, I stamped the lines of knit onto kraft card, and blue card, to give a great contrast.


Ok, so more strips, but I love how masculine this looks without the traditional dark browny colours 

So, now that you've seen a few of my creations... Do head over to the wonderfully talented Chris the cards on her blog are gorgeous...


Thank you so much for stopping by I hope you enjoyed all the samples with my new stamp set, Hopefully we've left you itching to get crafty and any comments would be lovely.

Have a wonderfully creative Day
BiG Tree HuGs
Kim x

6 comments:

  1. Hi! really gorgeous creations,amazing designs and those stamps are all lovely.The ribbed background stamp makes me think of corn and will be great for Autumn cards too ( my favourite season :)
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lou, I'm so pleased you're enjoying the releases! I love autumn colours too!
      BiG HuGs
      Kim x

      Delete
  2. Hi Kim, saw your designs over at Chris's blog, so came over for a look. Your designs are wonderful. I particularly love the knit background stamp and it looks amazing on the Father's Day cards. Well done on some great designs. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, I loved designing this set, I've been creating lots of knitted samples form it lol, it's so fun to use.
      Thank you for your support, pop by tomorrow for the Launch Party.
      HuGs Kim x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Amy, as I said to Anne, I loved designing this set and already I've been creating lots of knitted samples form it lol, it's so fun to use.
      Thank you for your support, hope you pop by tomorrow for the Launch Party!!!
      HuGs Kim x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim