Friday, 26 July 2013

MayLeeDee ~ arty colouring

Morning, a wonderful day to Wish my little sis a Brilliant

HAPPY BIRTHDAY...

and here is the card I made for her,
I have wanted to colour an image with white hair for some time now...
I used a pale grey and blue to simply add shadows.
I used the MayLeeDee digi stamp, printed the faint outline which is part of the download, to fit on A5 size card, I wanted the image bigger to crop.
 I love that the eyes remain black making colouring her face so much easier.
I coloured her dress to have different colours blend, then decorated with white pen to give a shimmer glitter effect.
The background I wanted to give an arty painterly effect, using my copics I dashed the background with two colours of blue and with an old brush I dabbed on some colourless blender, I did try dropping some on but the drops we're too big for what I wanted.
Here's the copic colours I used...

I hope you feel inspired to try colouring an image in an arty way... Would love to see them.

Thanks for stopping by, Have wonderfully creative day..

Just a note: I will be away for the next week, but my friend Steve will be manning the shop, so you can still order Paperbabe Stamps, but I won't be around to answer emails till 3rd Aug. I hope this doesn't cause any inconvenience, Thank you for your support.
HuGs Kim x

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful colouring - your sister will love the card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous, Kim! I love your image and how you have used it! Fantastic colours, and I love the pale shades against your blue background - really beautiful! Your sister is very lucky! Hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutley beautiful, what stunning colouring!!
    Fabulous card.
    Love, Mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, absolutely stunning Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how I wish I could colour half as well as this...youre amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim