Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Introducing....

Oriental Zen


I got inspiration for this set from gorgeous kimono silk fabrics and oriental images... this set Oriental Zen includes different elements from Seigaiha meaning wave of the blue sea a motif consisting of concentric circles which you can build to create a background and a wave that fits into the seigaiha. A small lotus peony, an origami boat, and a koi fish. This is a fun set to help you achieve lots of different looks!

The Details:
  • Oriental Zen will be available for purchase on August 9th.
  • It will retail for £9.
  • Oriental Zen contains a total of 13 images, there are 3 different sizes of the Seigaiha, an outline and solid stamps for the lotus Peony. Two sizes of waves, drops and splashes. A fish and a small origami boat.

My sample shows how well these images go together to make your very own kimono inspired fabric pattern...

I started by stamping my flower outlines in clear embossing ink and adding gold embossing powder. Before heating I stamped the fish in ink and applied clear embossing powder... then I heated the piece to set the powder.

I created a set of masks using fisket film, I keep mine on the acetate sheet that covers my stamps.

After heat embossing I positioned my mask to then stamp the next flower and heated to set. Remember to remove the mask before heating.

The Seigaiha motif is easy to line up to create a pattern, there's other sizes to, so you can create different looks. I embossed this in gold powder as before.

Next I coloured flowers in using distress markers and a waterbrush, the embossing keeps the colour in nicely.

the background is a wash of distress ink, I added a few water drops with gold ink.


The solid for the lotus peony it great stamped on it's own too, the leaves fit in, you can use the outline to guide you.
The picture quality isn't great I snapped a quick pic before it headed off!

Now that you've seen a couple of my creations, it's time to head over to... 
the wonderfully talented crafty friend Chris is showcasing her wonderful bag
so please head over to her blog...

Also I have a couple of guests with me this month too... 
Please head over to 

 and


Thank you so much for stopping by I hope you enjoyed all the samples with the Oriental Zen stamp set. Hopefully we've left you itching to get crafty and pop back tomorrow for more samples.

Have a wonderfully creative Day
BiG HuGs
Kim x



2 comments:

  1. Another beautiful set of stamps! Thank you for sharing these stunning creations hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim