Thursday, 8 August 2013

Last day of previews...

It's the last day of previews, showcasing the August release that will be available to buy tomorrow. It's been wonderful the feedback has been incredible, thank you... lets tickle your creative juices with a few more cards...

The Oriental Zen set is great for men cards too...
I masked the edges of the card front with masking tape to create a border. I then stamped the seigaiha across the centre and positioned my mask from frisket film over so I could apply some distress inks to give a old looking sky.
I stamped the Seigaiha in darker ink and added the waves, to get the three in a row I simply masked the central wave to then stamp more either side. I then cut this layer out. On more card I stamped the seigaiha again and trimmed. I stamped the little origami boat and cut out... then used dimensional adhesive to layer the elements up to create a sea scene.


My next card incorporates Oriental Zen and MayLeeDee Kimono, the set lends itself so well to feminine cards too...

The background I created similar to the steps on Tuesday, I used the solid of the Peony image, with leaves to stamp on my card first, I then masked them to go over with the seigaiha motif.
I stamped MLD Kimono in grey ink and coloured her in copics, I went for a smooth finish and paler colours. 
Then I added a diecut frame around the image using black cardstock, I stamped an extra flower and fussy cut for an embellishment.
And here's the copics I used...

It's about time to hand you over to... 
my crafty friend Chris, as she wow's you with her stunning card,
so please pop over to her blog...


Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you feel inspired.

Have a wonderfully creative Day
BiG HuGs
Kim x







2 comments:

  1. Love your take on Hokusai's Great Wave Off Kanagawa - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Cards- Loving this new release!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim