Tuesday, 3 September 2013

MayLeeDee Kimono Canvas - Chris

Hi everyone, hope you've had a good start to the week. I'm here today with a canvas that I've created with the beautiful MayLeeDee Kimono with sentiment stamp set. Difficult to put this stamp down as there are so many ways of colouring her, so many different hair colours to try and many substrates to colour her on and put her on. She's going to keep me busy!


I first painted my canvas with acrylic paints in blues, greens a bit of pink, white and yellow to make a sky background, blossom tree mid ground and grassy foreground. I stamped MayLeeDee onto book paper, cut her out and then glued her onto the canvas using DecoArt DecoPage which I love as it keeps the image nice and flat, no bubbling up when it's dry which is great for thin paper such as this.

I continued by colouring with watercolours which kept a nice vibrancy over the DecoPage which acts as a sealer. I finished off with some doodling of the trees and trunks, some dots of paint and pens for flowers, some stardust stickles glitter glue and some pearl pen pearls.

Thanks for stopping by today, hope you have a creative week!
Chris x

9 comments:

  1. Oh!! how stunning, I could gaze at it all day.
    It's just so pretty!
    Love, Mel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oH! you captured so well the essence of a japanese scenery, Chris, I love those vibrant but yet delicate colors. love this very pretty MayLeeDee. Have a nice day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MayLeeDee is so beautiful and your colouring is just divine Chris. Gorgeous canvas! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! your colors are breathtaking! Mayleedee and you are meant to be, keep making things with her as she is gorgeous every time I see her. I agree with Danielle, you have captured her perfectly!
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous, Chris!!! A work of art! I am again completely in love!!! BIG hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Chris! What a beautiful work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A glorious creation, Chris - stunning vivid colours, and they look amazing over the book print... and the texture of the clouds in the sky is wonderful too. Altogether lovely.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love this Chris. Fabulous kimono. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim