Monday, 4 November 2013

Butterfly hanger - Chris


Hi everyone, Chris here with a butterfly hanger I've created using the lotus peony stamp from the Oriental Zen stamp set

The hanger is a lazer cut wood plaque by Artcuts and has a nice smooth surface for painting which I did with DecoArt turquoise paint. I stamped the peony with embossing ink and heat embossed with black powder for a lovely shiny and raised flower. For the body of the butterfly I used my embossing pen to carefully draw in the body and then embossed with black as before.

I filled in the petal areas with Sakura glitter pens for some sparkle and added in a bit of star dust glitter glue as well. Over the body area I added some pearlised beads and then made my hanger from black wire that I threaded with more beads.

I'm excited to be joining Kim at the the ICHF Hobbycrafts Show at the NEC on Saturday and Sunday. I can't wait to be working with the new stamps for Christmas and hope to see friends there too.

Chris x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim