Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Introducing - Folk Fabrique

I hope you enjoyed the sneak peeks yesterday... now onto

Folk Fabrique

Inspired by folk images and fabrics I loved the idea of combining the peacock and flowers. Building a background or card topper from one set, using individual elements or all of them...


As I mentioned yesterday Folk Fabrique is a great set for one layer cards as it has the fabric background and all the folky elements stamps to fit in like a jigsaw. The example below will give you an idea how each image fits perfectly...

But of course that's only the first possible idea, imagine creating your own fabric versions, it contains an array of 49 folksy shapes that can be used to form an endless number of designs with any imaginable colours.

The Details:
  • Folk Fabrique will be available for purchase on Sat 6th July.
  • The set will retail for £14.00
  • Folk Fabrique contains a total of 49 images, there is a large fabric background image, two peacocks mirror image, each with patterned body and an array of different patterned feathers. There are flowers to build up with heads, stalks and leaves separate for more stamping variations.
Now onto some samples...

This is a shot of my desk all ready to stamp my little 4" card, I picked just five ink colours.
I first stamped the patterned peacock/hen body in Rose bud ink
I then colour blended with Teal Zeal at the top and Elderberry at the bottom
I stamped this directly over the pink, love how clear stamps make this so easy 
I continued to add feathers using the same colour blending technique as for the body
By keeping to just five inks I could really get a fabulous spectrum of colour.
Now I've done the feathers I could imagine the whole background filled with feathers... will remember to try. 
I used a sentiment from Dillon Magic, thought it fit there perfectly. 
and I couldn't resist going over the feathers with a little wink of stella just to let my peacock sparkle!

Next..
Another mini 4" card, I thought I would have a go building a background using the flowers in the set, I started by drawing a 1/2" grid on my cardstock in faint pencil, then stamping the flowers heads and adding the stalks. Then I rubbed the pencil lines off.
The peacock outline I stamped onto frosted shrink plastic, coloured with pencils and well, shrunk with my heat gun. The sentiment is from my Just Because Stamp Set.

And lastly...
A very natural background but a bright colour palette for the folky elements. I stamped the fabric background in black ink and had fun filling in the images using the colour blending technique throughout. 
A one layer design just with the sentiment popped on dimensional foam, I used the sentiment from my Just Because Stamp Set.


Thank you so much for stopping by I hope you enjoyed all the samples with Folk Fabrique, Hopefully we've left you itching to get crafty see you tomorrow.

Have a wonderfully creative Day
BiG HuGs
Kim x

4 comments:

  1. WOW gorgeous Kim - these are you best yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *your* (I really must type more slowly!)

      Delete
  2. These are so gorgeous! Katy is right - these are awesome! I am from UK and I don't like to use that word often - but these are beautiful Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!!! Going to have lots of fun with this set xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim