Friday, 8 August 2014

Paperbabe Stamps Summer Blog Hop

HELLO EVERYONE!


WELCOME ALL to the Paperbabe Stamps Summer Blog Hop featuring new stamps... Kim thought it would be a lovely treat to see Paperbabe stamps in the hands of some of her talented stampy friends...



Just to recap the new release, "Folk Fabrique", "Doll Face", "Mayleedee Little Red", "Mayleedee Frost Fairy" and "Dillon Frost Sprite" are NOW in Etsy! and the WebShop

Be sure to stop by PAPERBABE blog if you are JUST beginning the hop and make it all the way to the PAPERBABE STAMPS blog to see the endless possibilities with these new stamps and to leave your comments along the way... as there are some fabby prizes to be had!

Prizes indeed! To celebrate there will be the ENTIRE AUGUST release and a very special not yet released (get it well before it's release in September) rubber stamp...  up for grabs to a very lucky winner!!!

Now for something quite special... I just had to get inky and messy and create a mixed media piece with my Doll Face Stamp Set...
I have taken photos during my process...

I drew the head and shoulders onto book pages, adhered to my base and went over with a generous splodge of white gesso..
 
I've added texture with palette knife, stencils and stamps.
 
When the gesso was dry I drew the hair, then went over the hair with matte black embossing paste...

The texture is fab as I wanted to disguise the layers created from the head cutout.


When the paste was dry, I went all over the hair with black acrylic paint, adding some messy curls and tendrils. I used my oriental zen stamp set to give my girl a tattoo.
I masked the outside of her shoulder and some of the images to get the tattoo look.

Next I stamped the underlayer of her face using the Doll Face Stamp Set.

I went for faint eyes, I used my usual memento luxe inkpads (seeing as they are for mixed media)

I actually got out my panpastels out thinking I could colour her so quickly but they just did not take on the gesso, the colour wouldn't show and they rubbed away with a finger swipe, so I ended up using some water-soluble wax art bars, which turned out pretty good as you can blend them or watercolour with them.

Another texture shot...
The finished piece, I painted the background with acrylic paints watered down to create a wash. Am I allowed to be super pleased? Although I could tweak this forever, definitely got the mixed media bug now. Anyway I hope you've thoroughly enjoyed the hop, I feel so very blessed to have these talented designers supporting me. Thank you!

If you're just arriving and haven't been round the hop then here's the hop list...

Chris (DT)
Kerrie (DT)
Lady (DT)
Delphine (DT)
Jackie  (DT)
Paperbabe Stamps (hello, you're here)

THANK you so much for joining us on this Hop, we'll announce the winners on the Paperbabe Blog on the 15th when our Newest Challenge will be starting! You have until the 13th to hop with us and enter to win!

HAPPY SUMMER HOP DAY, everyone!!!


18 comments:

  1. Wow! She is fantastic - no wonder you're super pleased :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...thanks for sharing...you give me desire to try eyes in an art journal soon....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow!!! Kim she is Stunning xxxx thank you so much for the Hop Teamie x x x

    Hugs Kerrie x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally fabulous sweetie and the tattoo is genius! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Hop, I enjoyed all the stops along the way! Your portrait is amazing! I really love the eyes! Have a great day!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you are soooo talented! GREAT hop by the way... just love this creation!!!! TFS! Melissa (Dollipop Productions)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a fabulous way to end the blog hop! Stunning just doesn't seem enough to say about this - but I know I love it! Thank you for sharing and for the blog hop - I have really enjoyed looking at everything the DT has made - you are all seriously talented crafters! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Kim, I love this SO MUCH!!! What amazing talent you have!!! I love this set and you use it in the most magical way! I hope you're going to frame your lady - she HAS TO be framed!!! BIG hugs Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG this is utterly amazing Kim! She is SO Tim Burton - I adore her. The stamps look totally like you drew the face - very very clever :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic piece Kim, she's beautiful and has a lovely ethereal quality, fab stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. just stunning! I LOVE her, she is wonderful. Another favourite stamp set to add to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. really loved this blog hop, so inspiring. Couldn't get anything for 'Tricia' only a youtube link? will have to stock up on more of your digi's and stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Your mixed media piece is stunning, the design is just amazing.
    Just off to join in with your blog hop now...
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello again! Just popping back to say thank you for such a wonderful blog hop. I LOVE your images, all the DT designs are amazing and so inspiring!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim