Tuesday, 7 October 2014

Introducing ~ Completely Conkers and Spritz & Speckle Stamp Sets

Today I'm introducing two stamp sets...

Firstly Completely Conkers
It's that time of year, the season's changing and children are out collecting those wonderful nuts and leaves fallen from the trees. I loved playing conkers as a child in the school playground and I enjoyed showing my children how to play too. 

This set includes everything you need to string up a conker or two. I believe they are called bullseye in other countries. There are 20 images in the set, a string which can be very easily shaped into a curve, three types of knots, a smashed conker with expression lines, mini versions of the large conkers and a few sentiments to complete the set.

The Details:
  • Completely Conkers will be available for purchase on Fri 10th October.
  • The set will retail for £9.00
  • Completely Conkers contains a total of 20 images, there are five conker versions, two mini, two large and one smashed. The solid 'conkers' can be stamped over with the outline 'conkers', there are endless sentiments when paired together. There's a horsechestnut leaf and a string with separate knots to tie onto.

Now, onto some samples...
 I wanted to show the variations of the knots, they simply stamp at the end of your conker on a string, the string gets stamped the other side of the conker. you can turn the conker any way. 
I stamped the solid 'conkers' word to complete the sentiment.

Next...
 You might think this is familiar lol, I was inspired by the packaging of those well known chocolates... minstrels. I stamped the 'conkers' outline, then the leaves in autumnal colours. I then stamped the mini conkers in a balancing act.
I used a few darker coloured copic markers to add shadow to each conker, then added highlight with white posca pen. Then with this same pen I filled in the sentiment. I did try it with white embossing powder but felt the pen worked better this time.

Our next Stamp set is the Spritz and Speckle... 
I have wanted a set like this for some time, I love the idea of having a spray ink the same colour as my stamping ink. It can look like airbrush when stamped. Simply layer up or as seen in my sample have fun kissing or adding misted texture to solid stamps.

The Details:

  • Spritz and Speckle will be available for purchase on Fri 10th October.
  • The set will retail for £9.00
  • Spritz and Speckle contains four images, the main spritz is quite large at 3" x 3 1/2", the are two spritzed ink drips to really add to the sprayed effect. I've also included a speckle stamp for added texture and painterly effects.
Now onto more samples...
 Ok so now you're going to think I am completely bonkers sorry conkers for this next colour combination. I just had to go with it, the thought of girly pink glittery conkers seemed so fun and that is what the completely conkers set is all about!
So, I tried a different technique with this card, I inked up my ribbed background stamp in pink ink, then pressed the clean spritz stamp into it to then kiss the knit into that shape. Pretty pleased with the result, I did try it the other way of inking the spritz but found it didn't pick up the pattern as clear.

And Lastly... 
I used the Spritz in the top left, as the undertone to the cluster of Autumnal leaves. The bottom right is just one stamped spritz with the 'Autumn' word stamped over.
I used the ribbed background to add texture to the base card and finished off with a little twine.

Ok so you've seen my cards now it's time to head over to be inspired by the wonderful team. Just click on their sneak peeks to be taken to their blogs...

Their Gorgeous Conkers projects...


Next their Spritz projects...

I'm sure you've been truly inspired and are already looking forward to coming back tomorrow for another introduction?


Until then enjoy a wonderfully creative day!!!
HuGs Kim x

4 comments:

  1. Wowser Kim your projects are all so so stunning xxx and Ladies eeeeks your are so beautiful too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow...... now that is certainly teasing us crafter's with more yummy delights xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both sets of stamps are fantastic Kim, loving the inspiration very much :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous stamps - looking forward to seeing more gorgeous creations Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim