Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Introducing ~ Watercolour Alphabets


Thank you so much for stopping by, I see you all enjoyed the conkers and Spritz & Speckles sets yesterday well today I'm introducing another two sets but this time they coordinate very well with each other...

Watercolour Alphabet Caps
Watercolour Alphabet
Well we all love an alphabet stamp set in our crafting arsenal but I thought I would give this set a little extra...
So, the idea behind this was that the paint shapes are layered to give a watercolour effect. The large paint splatter works so well if spritzed with water then pressing the smaller 'inked' paint splatter into, this gives the darker inked edge that you will often see in a watercolour effect. Or simply wet your card first then stamp the paint shapes into for a soft blended watercolour. Each letter has it's paint effect version to use either alone or with it's letter counterpart.

The Details:

  • Watercolour Alphabets will be available for purchase on Fri 10th October.
  • Both sets will retail for £9.00 each or bundled together for £15.00.
  • Watercolour Alphabets contain a total of 77 images in the Caps version and 58 images in the other set. There are coordinating paint shapes for the letters and the numbers, there are various paint splatters to add the the watercolour effect. This will be a great set for all your alphabet needs with the added trend of a watercolour look.

Now, onto some samples...
For this card I was inspired by Jennifer's card here, the finish isn't as random or as watery looking and I would probably try wetting the card before stamping next time. I used the coordinating paint images for the watercolour look, there is a paint shape for all the images in the sets, some you may have to turn to use like the p & d. I first stamped the letters and hearts in pigment inks.
Then over stamped using the corresponding watercolour paint image I used distress inks, trying to match the colours as much as I could. I did need to second stamp some of them so they were softer in colour and look I didn't need a little jar of water or any additional water for this effect!

Next is just a simple gift tag...
This time I did wet the card a little by spritzing it with water, not too much just to dampen the surface. I then used the paint images in the lower case set with Adirondack dye ink so they moved better on the damp card.
I added a little knit detail to the bottom of the tag with the ribbed background in grey pigment ink. Then stamped the to, from in the same ink. I added a few extra paint dots with the dot stamp in the set and a mini heart in the corner. I think there is so much you can do with these sets.

Now check out what the Team created with these sets...

I hope you have that arty inspiration from the team and be sure to come back tomorrow for the last introduction this release!

Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!!!
HuGs Kim x




3 comments:

  1. FABULOUS set of alphas Kim, they look fantastic! Some great design team inspiration :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love these speckles - for someone who is traumatised at the thought of too many blobs and blobbies these are fabulous Kim! I also love these alphabets - a fun twist on alphabets and I love them Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim