Saturday, 20 December 2014

Last minute Christmas cards

I just wanted to stop by today and show off a few last minute card ideas. I managed to have a little time yesterday to get inky with some of my Christmas stamps... They were so quick to make, I do like to mass produce but my limit is probably ten per design.

Here's Snowman with just a few coloured pencils...I have a step by step of this technique in this months Craft Stamper...
and this Santa has a sprinkling of wink of Stella all over, very sparkly and Christmassy!!!
Even more featuring Snowman... for the background I simply dry embossed the snowflakes dies, stamped my snowman in viridian archival ink, masked with frisket film and inked the background with distress inks. Then with a waterbrush and distress ink I added shadows to the scarf and coloured the hat, his body is also covered with glitter, finished of with Christmas wishes sentiment.
I created the background with distress inks, sprinkled water and even added some of the speckles from this set with perfect pearls... The large sentiment stamp was heat embossed in white on vellum. Those fabulous wooden embellishments were a super buy from paperchase.
I was attempting a collage effect with this card, I inked and stamped the background first, using A lot like Christmas script stamp and the Joy Peace Love. The reindeer from Reindeer fusions is stamped in archival and coloured with white paint pen. I added a few birds from the set to his antlers... quite a good manly Christmas card.
And this is a work in progress, stamped in grey ink and coloured using copics!!!

I can't believe it's only five more sleeps till the big day! My children are very excited, although it's going to be a very different Christmas this year without mum! 
I want to thank all of my customers for a wonderful year! I hope you can pop by over the next week to see what I'm doing about the latest VAT assault!!!

Have a wonderfully creative Christmas,
BiG Glittery HuGs Kim x

4 comments:

  1. Such a stunning collection of cards xx so inspiring xxx
    hugs Kerrie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are a truly wonderful selection!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous selection Kim, loving your Copic Father Christmas!

    Been trying to follow the VAT debacle, it doesn't seem very friendly for small or online businesses, have fingers crossed it gets sorted very soon :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim