Friday, 24 April 2015

Introducing Paperbabe Stamps ~ Profile Face & Mixed Media Templates

Today I'm introducing a new stamp set, also with a coordinating mixed media template collection...

Profile Face
I designed this set to expand the doll face collection, it includes all you should need to build a profile face, four eye shapes, three lip shapes with solid stamp too, two variations of iris' and pupils. The idea is, I've tried to be as anatomically correct with the pupil placement in the eyes facing forward, but on the occasion where you may need the eye to look the other way, the ovals pupils and iris are for that. It includes two ear types, tell me you don't need them? Then the usual nostrils, eyebrow and some pretty stars.

The Details:
  • Profile Face Stamp set will be available for purchase on Sat 25th April.
  • The set will retail for £9.00
  • Profile Face contains a total of 37 images, there are iris', pupils', open eyes, closed eye, ears, lips, stars and even freckles. The images are all separate for more stamping variations. 

Now you can create profile portraits for card fronts, mixed media and so many more arty possibilities.

Next let me introduce the profile Mixed Media Templates
These work the same as the portrait mixed media templates that I introduced yesterday each hairstyle is broken into steps to make creating portraits easier. They coordinate with the Profile Face stamp set, they are printed onto Mylar for durability and ease of use. The advantages of mylar is that you can see through enough if you wanted a specific piece of pattern from patterned paper to use in paper piecing, they are tear resistant and ink resistant. They are also very useful as masks when stamping the face.

The Details:
  • Profile Mixed Media Templates will be available for purchase on Sat 25th April.
  • They will sell individually and will retail from £3.00 up to £4.50
  • There are five templates in this collection: a head and torso, Four Hairstyles to choose from... Pony & Fringe, Long & Fringe, Curly Fringe, Wavy Hair. Each hairstyle coordinates with the Profile Face stamp set.

Here's a little sample using the Profile face with the profile Mixed Media template 'Long & Fringe'.
I traced around the first step with black copic multiliner, then used a little washi tape to hold the template in place while I inked up the face and stamped in position, I love how the templates can be used as a mask as well, then the ink simply wipes off. A little tip for the face after peeling it gently from the backing, place on the image indexing and it should bounce to it's intended shape you should see it match the image before placing your acrylic block to pick it up. It fits on my A6 block perfectly. 
I used the curve template included to create a mask for the pointy ear so just part of it would be sticky out of the hair. A little pencil mark on the jaw line helps to line the earlobe in the best position.
It's been some time since I had a good go with my copic markers and so I thought I would try them on some kraft cardstock. I used a white Stabilo aquarellable pencil to bring the highlights out and a white posca paint pen(think I have a slight addiction) to give whiter highlights on the facial features. 
I've added freckles, stars and extra sparkle dots in white which I thought looked a little fantasy so I used the sentiment was from the Dillon Magic, I may have placed the hair template back over the artwork to stamp a little discreet tattoo.

I would love you pop by the rest of the team blogs and check out their gorgeous projects...


Please leave a comment for your chance to win the Profile Face Stamp set and coordinating Mixed Media Templates.

Enjoy a wonderfully creative day, see you tomorrow for our finale introductions...

HuGs Kim x


6 comments:

  1. WOW Kim these are just as appealing as yesterdays wonderful releases. I think i am going to need all of your new designs and templates. I have tried a profile face before with no luck as i have no idea where to place the eyes etc. Your templates and stamps will help me with this.

    Have everything crossed as i would love to win this amazing prize. Thank you for this opportunity!

    Mo :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen an idea like this and it's just amazing :-) I loved the Hop and went and left everyone some LUV. Thank you for the chance to win this awesome Prize :-D

    IKE xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Kim! Good luck with your new range, I am loving it, especially with my new found love of drawing faces! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love the idea to be able to create a variety of faces:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an interesting face. Love the stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the colouring is stunning, Kim. I'm sure the new range will go well as it is so versatile and I'm sure it's very fun to play with.

    It's amazing to see the progress, I'm sure you could do the same with paper and pen, you're very talented sweetie.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim