Mixed Media Portrait Art Block:
An Introduction to Mixed Media Art with Kim Costello
using Paperbabe Stamps Mixed Media Templates and face stamps.
Have you been drooling over gorgeous mixed media work of art, telling yourself you can never create something like that? Well, this is YOUR class!
I will show you that EVERYONE can create a mixed media piece of art!
In this Class, Kim guides you step-by-step through the foundations of creating a mixed media portrait, drawing hair, stamping a face and creating smooth skin tones, playing with colours, shading, highlighting and so much more.
This class is full of techniques to engage and inspire your imagination. Master a variety of techniques that employ pencil, pen, watercolor, acrylic paint, ink, mixed media templates and collage as you happily dance your way through the exercises to build a piece of art to be proud of.
You will learn to...
• Create a background with collage and texture on a wooden art block
(20 x 20 cm block included in the class to take home)
• Use templates to aid in drawing layers of hair, fantasy or realistic
(Two templates included in the class to take home)
• Create a profile face using the profile face stamp set
(also included in the class to take home)
• Make it personal with a variety of materials and mediums to try at your disposal.
Everything you need, all materials, stamps, templates, paint etc will be available on the day.
These Face Stamps will be included in the class for you to take home and continue your new found portrait painting.
The head & torso and one hairstyle Mixed Media Template will be included in the class for you to take home and continue your new found portrait painting.
How do I know this class is going to knock your socks off?
I practiced! I did a test run with my house mate Steve who hasn't painted since school, and his response was overwhelming!
He loved the class, the format, and the entire experience!
This picture is from my “student.”
• When is it?: 27th June 2015
• Where?: Studley Green Community Centre, High Wycombe, HP14 3UY, Uk
Free parking and wheelchair access is available.
• What time?: 10am till 4pm, (we will break for lunch)
it would be nice if you could arrive earlier to settle in and introduce ourselves.
• How much?: £75.00 for the full day, all materials including Wood Block, Stamps and templates worth £25.95.
• Deposit?: You are welcome to pay a deposit of £20.00 to hold your spot and pay the remaining amount before or on the day,
• Cancellations?: I ask that you please get in contact with me at least 48 hrs before class for any cancellations, thank you.
There will be endless refreshments throughout the day, we will stop for lunch, you are welcome to bring your own and sit in the surrounding countryside, or there's a lovely cafe restaurant across the road.
I will be bringing a mini shop with Paperbabe Stamps and products for sale, both cash and card payments welcome.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch.
Enjoy a wonderfully Creative Day!