Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Introducing November's Female Face Stamp Set and Mixed media Templates

Welcome to our first day of introductions...

Female Face Mini

I am so excited about this set, it works the same as the doll face set but it has so many more possibilities, with the lashes separate you can be sure of the perfect flutter as they won't be getting painted over when you first paint the face. The iris is just beautiful when stamped in layers... see the picture below for a fantastic step by step as well as a little video(let me apologise in advance still working on my filming skills).

The Details:
  • Female Face Mini Photopolymer Clear set will be available for purchase on Fri 20th November.
  • The set will retail at £5.00
  • Female Face Mini has a total of 32 stamps, There two styles of open eyes, with coordinating lashes, top and bottom, one set of closed lashes. The iris has been broken up into about six layers to make stamping the perfect eye colour totally personal. There are a possible four pupils' to choose from, whether it be one of the adorable hearts or the large or small pupil. The lips too have been broken into steps giving added poseability. Avery cute button nose and eyebrows. The images are all separate for more stamping variations.
Next, let me introduce three New Mixed Media Templates...

Wavy Bunches

Mermaid

Rag Tails

I have wanted some bunches for a while, I designed cute wavy bunches, they are separate which means they can be placed anywhere on the head. There are two styles of wavy tails if you wanted to use the same or mix and match as I have shown. The mermaid style template was inspired by an earlier mixed media piece and I can just imagine the possibilities with this one. And lastly the Rag Tails template, for that shabby chic look, you can layer up the tails for a fuller look or use less, it includes the templates for drawing the ribbons. All three coordinate with the previously released Head & Torso Template, as well as the face stamp sets.

The Details:
  • Portrait Mixed Media Templates will be available for purchase on Fri 20th November.
  • They will retail from £3.00 up to £4.50(for pre cut templates)
  • There are three new templates in this collection: Wavy Bunches, Mermaid and Rag Tails, the previously released head and torso will work with these and each hairstyle coordinates with the Female Face stamp set.

I've also put together a little step by step for the pupils and lashes and lips, I hope this helps, you can stamp any combination of course, but I find that sometimes it's easier to see what the artist was trying to achieve then to go in blind, so to speak.

And my little Video...


Onto a couple of samples...

I had planned on attaching this cut out piece to a yummy mixed media background but really... I just loved it as it is, it could be a great shaped card or a special art piece for the mantle.
I followed my steps in the video, I used smokey gray ink for most of the line stamping. I have her looking in a different direction, she has been drawn on watercolour card in pencil, her head slightly tilted, her green eyes have heart pupils and I opted for the open mouth stamp. 
I very simply painted her with those scrummy Neocolor II water crayons. Then fussy cut and will probably add an easel die cut to her back to help her stand.

Next
This image may already be familiar, the theme we were given was princess warrior and I wanted to show how well the female face stamps work with my other mixed media templates.
 I've used the wavy central parting with the head & torso. The roses, peony were stamped and masked and I hand drew the rest of her floral head mess lol.
It has been painted with watercolours and the background has been created using stencils and hand painting the vine.
I made a crest by hand drawing around my stamped quote and watercolouring.


AND NOW...

We have an extra special someone joining us today too, the wonderfully talented Keren Baker has agreed to Guest Design for us, wow what a treat, be sure to visit her...


AND for even further inspiration, pop by the following Team blogs including our newbies and check out their gorgeous projects...


I think you deserve a lie down after all that, it was a particularly long post, lol  Thank you very much for indulging me and I hope you will return tomorrow to do it all again!!!

Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim & the Team x

3 comments:

  1. this is great
    have a nice day
    hugs
    >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stamps are amazing and your samples are fantastic Kim, loveing the Teal hair x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just ordered the head and torso templates, will be back to order the ragtail template on Friday. Love what you have done here Kim, so inspirational :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim