Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Introducing Pop dots and Polka Dots

Did you enjoy the birthday wishes introductions yesterday?

Today I'm introducing a wonderful polka dot stamp set,
Let me introduce Pop Dots
I am delighted with this set it was something I had thought about for a while... why is my polka dots any different? Well I was inspired by pop art, benday dots and comic style which lead me down the road of halftones and special effects that dots could have. So, I have four separate dot stamps which when lined up will create a halftone or, used individually for a complete polka dot background, you can use just parts for texture and interest in your mixed media art too. I think the samples will bring across my vision.

The Details:
  • Pop Dots Stamp set will be available for purchase on Fri 12th February.
  • The set will retail for £9.00
  • Pop Dots stamp set contains four large stamps, each with varying size polka dots which will work teamed together for a halftone effect or individually for even more stamping variations.


Next we have some new additions to our mixed media stencil range with some polka dots of various sizes...
Mixed Media Stencils are designed to add texture and imagery to your creative projects, use with your favourite inks, paints, texture mediums, stamps and more for endless creative possibilities. You can use the stencil with a Light box or even in a die cutting machine.

The beauty of Mylar stencils is they are strong but thin and flexible. After all your fun and exciting stencilling they can be washed and used again and again. They are also solvent proof so you can use most types of paint and easily clean with suitable solvent. So, with good care, your stencils should withstand against many many more creative uses...

The Details:
  • Polka Dot stencils will be available for purchase on Fri 12th February.
  • They will retail individually for £3.50 or as a bundle of four sizes for £10.00.
  • The Medium dot is 1cm(3/8"), the small dot is 6mm(2/8"), the mini dot is 5mm(3/16") and the tiny dot is 2.5mm(1/8").

Ok the fun part... Some hand crafted samples
This is using the medium 1cm dot stencil with white paint onto kraft card, when dry I stamped little hearts from the doll face stamp set and heat set in gold embossing powder.
I have then stamped my sentiment in blue embossing powder onto vellum die cut and added a circle of white card to help the sentiment to pop! Finished with a flourish of glitter paper.

For my next card
I wanted to create a fashion style print, using the larger female head and torso mixed media templates with the flick and fringe hairstyle, I drew the girl first onto watercolour paper, stamped her facial features and roughly added a wash of distress inks to look like watercolours.
I masked her eyes to then use the same distress inks to stamp the polka dots varying the colours on different areas of the card.
 I stamped her eyelashes last and went over my pencil lines very roughly with a gel pen.

Now this card...
has to be my absolute favourite this year, it makes me smile!!! 
It was created using the mini head and torso with loose plait mixed media templates, with mini female face stamp set. Like in the above card I simply drew my girl first in pencil, stamped her face and coloured in using copics.
Now this type of copic colouring I actually find difficult, it's not easy for me to get a smooth comic colour, but thankfully the dots so helped there, they were stamped using distress inks, it worked so well. 
I masked the different areas before stamping the polks dots. Then I went around all the pencil lines with my black posca pen, you can very easily reposition the templates and use them again. Then I fussy cut her out, the background shows off the halftone stamping in white embossing powder. Finished off with a little sentiment created using Birthday wishes shown yesterday.


We have an extra special guest joining us today too, yay!


AND for even more exquisite inspiration, pop by our talented Teamies...


Thank you so very much for stopping by, I hope you will return tomorrow to see our other introductions!!!

Enjoy a wonderfully inspirational day,
HuGs Kim & the Team x


4 comments:

  1. You are super dotty Kim these are genius! Love how you have used your dots and your stencils are fab:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim