Welcome to our first day of introductions...
I am so excited about this set, it works the same as the female face set but it has so many more possibilities, I have designed the set to work with the Male mixed media templates. Included are a few texture stamps to add additional details to your manly face, be it stubble or a styled beard. This set is approximately the same scale as and should work very well alongside the female sets.
- Male Face Photopolymer Clear set will be available for purchase on Fri 22nd April.
- The set will retail at £9.00
- Male Face has a total of 40 stamps, There open open eyes, with coordinating lashes, top and bottom. The iris has been broken up into about six layers to make stamping the perfect eye colour totally personal. There are two pupils' to choose from the large or small. The lips too have been broken into steps, with three styles giving added poseability. There are three nose options with the bridge. A pair of ears and two styles of eyebrows The images are all separate for more stamping variations.
Mixed Media Templates Men
I have designed three hairstyles and the all important Head & Torso templates, that work with the male face stamps. These will only be available as pre-cut due to the stepped technique. The neck and shoulder can be adjusted by thinning or widening, making it shorter or longer. The hairstyles can be flipped over for more options or the hairline moved up or down for a larger forehead.
- Mixed Media Templates Men set will be available for purchase on Fri 22nd April.
- They will sell individually, as well as a set, they will retail from £1.50 up.
- There are three hairstyles in this set, (Oops wrong pic) Pompadour not sweep back, Side Fringe, Side swept Bangs. The Head & Torso, each hairstyle coordinates with the male face stamp set.
Are you ready for a couple of samples...
This would be a great journal page, I used some gelli prints that I had created a while ago...
I followed the steps to draw the head, torso and hairstyle, I used a black posca pen so I could see the lines on this busy paper.
I stamped his facial features with black ink and coloured the outline image with coloured pencils, there's a mix of blue, black, red and lots of white to burnish and highlight. The pencils helped to keep the gelli print texture.
To make him pop from the busy background I have used a copic marker to give a shadow around him, then finished off with some inking through a stencil and stamped the sentiment.
This really was an experiment, and although I do like the finish and technique, it just needs a bit of work on placement. But I think this would make a great quick arty manly card. I added interest with Spritz & speckles and birthday wishes stamp sets.
It's very close to doodling just lots of cross hatch lines, I've mixed up the colours all over the face. It really was a very quick card to put together, the fine pens are Derwent Graphik, I love their range.
AND for even further inspiration, pop by the following Team blogs and check out their handsome men projects...
Thank you very much for stopping by and I hope you will return tomorrow to do it all again but smaller!!!
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim & the Team x