Thursday, 25 August 2016

August Release... Peaceful Flurries


Good morning so happy you're visiting today, we are introducing a new stamp set and coordinating substrates for our August release. Something small this month as I'm working on moving house, home and we had a blast last month with our fantastic anniversary blog hop.

I'm so busy I even forgot to show a sneak peek yesterday so it's all out today lol.

Peaceful Flurries

Well, it's never too early for us crafters to get a start on our pile of Christmas and holiday cards, so this set it just what you might need to add that touch of wintery wonderland to your project.
The Details:
  • Peaceful Flurries Photopolymer Clear set will be available for purchase on Fri 26th August.
  • The set will retail at £9.00
  • Peaceful Flurries has a total of 8 stamps, there are two larger snowflakes approx 6cm, two medium about 3.5, a small flake at 3cm and two smaller ones about 2cm, there is also a little highlight image.
Peaceful Flurries Coordinates

I've really been getting the hang of cutting on Roger my laser cutting machine and just loved the idea of substrates that coordinate perfectly with these snowflake stamps.

The Details:
  • Peaceful Flurries substrates kit will be available for purchase on Fri 26th August.
  • The kit will retail at £0.99
  • The kit has a total of 7 pre-cut pieces, the coordinating mdf blanks are laser-cut shapes, cut from premium 3mm sustainable wood fiberboard. This fantastic substrate takes paint, stain and mixed media processes extremely well.
SAMPLES...

I have had an amazing time creating with this set, I've managed quite a few cards already...
The misti really came into it's own for mass producing this design, I split the misti into two halves for two colours and had a lovely little production line going with the various colours I needed to fill the design, which I have to give Jennifer Mcguire credit for inspiring me, I used snowflakes instead of words.
I went for a non traditional colour combo, and stamped the sentiment in black ink to help it pop.
The bottom trim I stamped the christmas text with white ink, added a little gold glitter paper strip and the mdf hearts & stars covered in gold stickles just makes me so happy, yummy sparkle. I managed to create six cards pretty straight forward and so easy to recreate.

So the production line ventured into this next design too, I first heat embossed the large snowflake in white embossing powder then inked the whole piece with three tones of distress ink colours. 
I then added a few more snowflakes with perfect medium and perfect pearls for a subtle shimmer.
The sentiment as been heat embossed onto vellum and fussy cut, as I have been loving this effect lately.

This card I wanted to try a inky distressed look, I've used distress inks to create the background colour and gold embossing for the snowflakes and edges.


NOW...

I couldn't resist creating this Christmas Decor piece, using my mixed media templates and circle substrates.
I wanted to create an ornament using the snowflake substrates but went a little further and created this festive hanging.
I first drew her onto the medium sized circle using the mini mermaid hairstyle, with the head and torso. Then I stamped her facial features using female face mini in grey ink, before colouring her face in coloured pencils.


For her hair I used posca paint pens, in some areas I used a damp paint brush to blend the paint better.
I've painted the background using copic markers and then stamped her lashes as I find they are best left till the last. When everything was dry I added the lovely snowflakes and heat embossed in white powder. A little smidgen of wink of Stella over her hair and a touch of bling to give her a mystical wintery feel.
On the back (urgh ugly stage I still need to paint this) I've used the two circle hanging pieces and I also utilised the pieces left, by punching a hole ready for the jump rings and snowflakes adornments.
The snowflakes have been coated in a few layers of gesso, before stamping the back with christmas text and punching the holes top and bottom. (yes the crop-a-dile manages to punch through the mdf without much trouble)

The snowflakes have been stamped and heat embossed in white powder onto vellum and fussy cut with a blinged mdf shape to finish.

That's enough from me you must pop by these two talented ladies and see their gorgeous snowflake filled projects.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim x





7 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects Kim! Off to shop now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects Kim! Off to shop now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards and the snowflakes are lovely too. They look perfect on the laser cut MDF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations - this is a fantastic new release

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing cards and mixed media piece! Love the gorgeous snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful cards and 3-D wall décor.. Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim