Welcome to our second day of introductions, today we will be showcasing the new Flourishing stamps and coordinating mixed media template...
I had this idea of flourishing, flowing, wavy hair, it's possibly one of my favourite styles to draw which brought the idea of using a flourish for the hair. I love how the parting of a style can frame or hide part of a face, which lead me to this next stamp set...
The set is called flourishing hair, playing on the idea that our hair grows, that 'we' grow. I've also included some cherry blossoms in this set which I felt complimented the 'growing' theme. There are three main flourishes that make the 'hair' they are numbered to coordinate with the template... I could imagine them clean and simple on their own or completely flourishing with all the other individual flourishes included in the set, you can really build up your own...
(but they could be used simply as flourishes too, who doesn't love a flourish?)
Which brings me onto the coordinating template, so, once you've stamped your flourish of choice you simply lay the corresponding numbered aperture into position over the flourish and stamp a face, it could be any of the dinky range, so it goes behind the 'flourish' thus making an instant hairstyle.
- Paperbabe Stamps Flourishing Hair Stamp set will be available to purchase on Sat 18th Jan.
- The Set will retail for £15.49
- The coordinating Flourishing Hair mixed media template at £4.50
- The set includes 38 individual stamps, the flourishes(1-3) are approximately 11 x 7cm(4 x 2 3/4") and the largest cherry blossom image is about 1.5 x 1.5cm(1/2 x 1/2").
note:The solids to the cherry blossom (3 on the bottom left of the set)might need trimming, although it can work still as one stamp, I've 'joined' the petal and stem to one stamp base because they are just soo tiny and if they remain together there hopefully will be less chance of losing them, as well as knowing which tiny shape matches which flower.
I began by stamping flourish 3 onto hot pressed watercolour paper, then stamped the dinky female portrait using the coordinating template/mask. I added a few more tendrils of hair flourishes from the set.
I used those ecoline watercolour brush pens to colour her face and finished off with a sentiment.
This was me trying the watercolour pens on a different paper, I like the graphic look this could become.
Do visit the rest of the team to see their amazing creations...
Thanks so much for stopping by, Enjoy a wonderfully creative day and
hope to see you tomorrow for another introduction...
HuGs Kim & the Team x