I am so pleased you're visiting today, it's our first day of September's introductions...
It's a mixed bag of products this month that should hopefully all work together along the day of the dead theme...
The set comes in both standard and the mini version, It works alongside the standard and mini female face and doll face sets. All the elements are there to create a decorative face, the scallop ornamentation around the eyes can be stamped as an outline and coloured in, or stamped and the solid part will fit in to create hollow sockets familiar of the day of the Dead look. Most of the images are mirrored to give even wider scope for decorating your sugar skull face, they have been designed to coordinate with the previously released mixed media Head & Torso templates, so you can grow your collection. Imagine all the creative possibilities you could apply this to, be it dolls, cards and canvas' and all sorts of mixed media.
- Sugar Skull Standard and Mini will be available for purchase on Sat 24th September.
- They will retail from £5.00 and £9.00
- Sugar Skull has a total of 32 stamps, There are decorative scallop design for around the eyes, with solid infill shapes. Three styles of flourish all mirrored for symmetrical designs. There are crosses, flowers, diamonds, hearts and stitches. The images are all separate for more stamping variations.
Mixed Media Templates
These work the same as my previously released mixed media templates, the hairstyles have been broken down into simple steps to help you draw your portrait, they are available pre-cut too for the ease of using them straight from the packet.
- Both sizes of Portrait Mixed Media Templates will be available for purchase on Sat 24th September.
- They will retail from £3.00 up to £8.50(for pre cut templates)
- There are two new hairstyle templates in this collection: Long Loose Wave and Blunt Bangs Long the previously released head and torso will work with these and each hairstyle coordinates with the Female Face, Dolls Face and Sugar Skull stamp sets.
I have designed quite a few new substrates this release... I will show more in tomorrow's introductions. Here's one that's familiar, but much larger, almost A4 in size, lovely to house the dimensional portrait or simply to paint directly onto.
- Ornate Frame Large kit will be available for purchase on Sat 24th September.
- It will retail at £4.99
- There are six pieces in this kit, the main ornate oval approx A4 in size, with a little shelf for holding the dimensional portraits if needed, two hanging discs and two spacer discs to help make the picture float from the wall when hanging.
Now onto some samples...
For this one, I've drawn directly onto the MDF medium circle from the hanging circles kit, I have used coloured pencils on her face and neck, then stamped the day of the dead images. I've used the eyes and lips from the female face mini stamp set and the rag tails templates for her hair which I have coloured in using copics. I have then used gorgeous gold ink to paint the background.
A mixed media portrait...
On my ornate frame
This is so much better in real life, it's impossible to catch the shimmer with the camera no matter how much I try. Below you can find a step by step slide show on how I made this piece. I've used the Long Loose Wave and Head & Torso Templates along with the female face mini on the large MDF Ornate frame.
Thank you so much for all your encouragement,
I hope you will be back tomorrow for more inspiration.
Enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim x